We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Under strict supervision, assists during rigging-up and rigging-down of surface and down hole well logging equipment on work locations for the purpose of recording information about sub-surface geologic formations.
- Learns basic oil well operations including the identification of different rig types and drill string components,
- Blow Out Prevention (BOP) procedures and equipment, Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) procedures and guidelines, and other appropriate safety and service quality protocols and guidelines.
- Assists during the operation of well logging equipment at job site. Learns to assemble down hole well logging tools (electric, nuclear, sonic, and other well logging tools).
- Learns to maintain, clean and perform preventative maintenance on down-hole and surface well logging equipment.
- Assists in the performance of pre and post job vehicle and equipment inspections and associated paperwork and/or reports.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, have minimal impact upon the viability of the organization.
- Error is readily ascertainable by the supervisor and can be corrected.
- Skills are typically acquired through successful completion of high school or similar education.
- Licensure to drive commercial equipment is required.
- Successful completion of Well Control Accreditation Program may be required (some locations).
- Successful completion of water survival training may be required.
- Given the nature of oil field service work, the ability to communicate effectively with others is necessary.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division is required.
- Basic reading comprehension and writing skills are required.
- Basic computer skills are preferred.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines.
- Promotes and takes an active part in quality improvement processes.
- This is the entry level position into the service operator job family.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Pouch 340026, Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, 99734, United States
Requisition Number: 89582
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.