LOCATION: Commerce City, Colorado (US-CO)
JOB NUMBER: 41701
Why you should join us:
Supporting our people. Caring for our communities. Living our purpose.
With our operations declared an essential service, we are continuing to operate and are looking to fill business-critical roles at this time. We require qualified and safety-focused employees to help keep things running. In terms of our current recruitment process, we’re doing things a bit differently to adjust to our new ‘normal.’ We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation.
We are bolstered by the unity across our community and the solidarity across the world. We continue to encourage you to support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19.
If you are a Journeymen Electrician and are looking for an opportunity to work in a large, reputable, and established industrial setting, then consider joining our team and work for Colorado’s only petroleum refinery! You will use your electrical and troubleshooting skills to perform maintenance and repairs of electrical equipment to ensure continuous operations.
You will use your expertise to:
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain motors, starters, frequency drives, switch gear/distribution equipment, work with cabling and lighting systems
- Isolate and energize electrical equipment above 480 VAC
- Address temporary power needs when required
- Work effectively when obstacles prevent planned work from being conducted
- Demonstrate standard methods and processes from across the company to complete work
- Ask for input from others and incorporate their ideas into your decisions
- Take conclusive action when a quick response is imperative, or under conditions of uncertainty
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Five years of industrial electrical experience is desirable
- A Colorado Journeymen Electrician’s License
- A High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- The ability to resolve conflicting situations between multiple groups and work towards agreeable solutions to ensure a safe and reliable workplace
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- A willingness to continually learn and improve
- A diversity mindset, coupled with a strong work-ethic
- Dedication to the environment, as well as safe work practices
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Commerce Cbity refinery, located at 5801 Brighton Blvd.
- Hours of work are Monday-Friday 5x8s or Monday-Thursday 4x10s with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs
- This is a union-represented position under USW 12-477
- Job duties are subject to re-evaluation within contract guidelines
Suncor Energy (U.S.A.) Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Suncor, a leading integrated energy company based in Alberta, Canada with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing.
Suncor’s downstream business operates four refineries including the Commerce City refinery, the only petroleum refinery in the area and one of the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn’t safe, we don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
As part of Suncor’s team, you’ll contribute to the ongoing success of Colorado’s only refinery – one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you’ll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
We want you to have a job that will fit your life – as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs and an annual incentive program
- Work/Life Balance
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
To apply for this job please visit career2.successfactors.eu.